- Design software tools for automated business decisions
- Leverage big data created by the growing internet of things
- Distribute products worldwide
- Manufacture sustainable, environmental-friendly goods
Industrial engineers are skilled in…
Manage and control the flow of goods, energy, information and other resources like
products, services, and people from the source of production to the marketplace.
Develop a demand planning model for all consumer pharmaceutical items.
- Collaborative Demand Planner, Wyeth Consumer Health Care
Manage organizations with an orientation to manufacturing, engineering, technology or production.
- Plan inventories of $1.3+ billion toy business.
- Estimate engineering labor hours required to make changes to the airframe of an aircraft.
Apply state-of-the-art technologies for data acquisition, data processing, and data
Support Major League baseball operations.
- Analyze sports performance and financial information to make personnel decision
Support supply chain logistics
- Using data, ensuring 2-day delivery standard across the United States
Use mathematics and computers to describe the behavior of a communication system
- Determine site location, tower height, and antenna type to optimize cell phone coverage
- Determine where sensors should be located to detect threats to infrastructure
- Determine arrest strategies to combat illegal drug networks
Robotics and Manufacturing
Industrial Engineers work in almost any industry…
- Aerospace and Automotive
- Consulting and Software
- Energy, Oil and Gas
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Sports and Entertainment
Industrial Engineers are leaders…
A list of leaders who are I.E.s include:
- CEO Washington Regional Medical System
- President and CEO, Arkansas Best
- Director of Network Planning, Southwestern Bell
- Former CEO, Arkansas Best
- Director, Investment Banking & Capital Markets, Wells Fargo Securities
- Chancellor Emeritus, University of Arkansas
- CEO of Apple (Auburn)
- Former CEO of Walmart (Ga Tech)
- Former CEO of Chrysler (Lehigh)
- Former CEO of AT&T, former CEO of COE of GM (Texas Tech)
- Former CEO of UPS (Purdue)
- Former CEO of Accenture (Auburn)
- Former CEO of NW Airlines, Burger King Corp, ASTAR Air Cargo (UF)
- Former CEO of DuPont, Chairman of Bank of America (U of TN
- Former CEO of Wells Fargo
With Industrial Engineering you will be prepared for graduate studies at…