The Industrial Engineering Department has a longstanding tradition of conducting leading-edge research in all areas of industrial engineering.
- Big Data and Data Analytics
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Quality Engineering
- Transportation, Logistics and Distribution
- Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Manufacturing and Automation
- Engineering Management
A special emphasis of our research has been in the area of quantitative modeling and analysis of transportation and logistics systems through our major research centers. This synergistic research takes advantage of our unique access to major organizations with world-class logistics and distribution operations.
Our research has:
- changed business practices in order to simultaneously lower inventories and reduce stock-outs
- designed next-generation distribution centers
- developed new global identification standards
- optimized the design of global supply chains to improve their efficiency and resilience to disruption events