Ashlea Bennett Milburn
Associate Professor - ENGR
College of Engineering
I joined the faculty of the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Arkansas in January 2010. Prior to joining the University of Arkansas, I received a Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Georgia Tech. I earned Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Industrial Engineering from the University of Arkansas and Virginia Tech, respectively.
My primary areas of teaching and research are in Healthcare Systems Engineering and Transportation Logistics. I enjoy applying operations research tools and techniques to problems arising in the healthcare and logistics industries, and I have the opportunity to teach students how to do the same in my courses.
- Logistics planning problems, especially those arising in health and humanitarian sectors
- INEG 2313: Applied Probability and Statistics for Engineers I
- INEG 410V: Introduction to Healthcare Systems Engineering
- INEG 4633: Transportation Logistics
- INEG 5533: Network Optimization in Transportation Logistics
- B.S.I.E., University of Arkansas, 2003
- M.S.I.E., Virginia Tech, 2004
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009