Heather Lyn Nachtmann
Earl J. and Lillian P. Dyess Endowed Chair in Engineering
Professor of Industrial Engineering Director, Maritime Transportation Research and Education Center
Dr. Heather Nachtmann is the Earl J. and Lillian P. Dyess Endowed Chair in Engineering and a Professor of Industrial Engineering at the University of Arkansas. She serves as the Director of the Maritime Transportation Research and Education Center and the Mack-Blackwell Transportation Center. She received her Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Nachtmann's current research program focuses on economic and decision analysis of transportation systems focusing on inland waterways and multimodal transportation networks and advanced methods for engineering economic analysis.
- Transportation systems engineering
- Logistics modeling
- Economic decision analysis
Dr. Nachtmann has taught in the areas of engineering economy, cost analysis, and decision modeling.
- Advanced Engineering Economics
- Decision Models
- Cost Estimation Models
- Industrial Cost Analysis
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh