Kelly M. Sullivan
College of Engineering
Dr. Kelly Sullivan's research interests center on designing, maintaining, and securing complex systems. His work focuses on advancing relevant knowledge in the areas of network optimization, interdiction, reliability, and integer programming. He obtained his Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University of Florida in 2012. He teaches courses in network optimization, operations research, and probability and statistics.
- Network Optimization and Interdiction
- Optimization in Reliability
- Defense Applications
- Homeland Security Applications
INEG 2313: Applied Probability and Statistics for Engineers I
INEG 2812: Honors Research Experience I
INEG 3812: Honors Research Experience II
INEG 410VH: Honors Research Experience III
INEG 3613: Introduction to Operations Research
INEG 6313: Network Optimization
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas (December 2006)
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas (August 2008)
- Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida (August 2012)
Papers Accepted or in Print
- Sullivan, K. M., J. C. Smith, and D. P. Morton. Convex Hull Representation of the Deterministic Bipartite Network Interdiction Problem. Mathematical Programming, 145(1-2): 349-376, 2014.
- Sullivan, K. M., D. P. Morton, F. Pan, and J. C. Smith. Securing a Border Under Asymmetric Information. Naval Research Logistics, 61(2): 91-100, 2014.
- Sullivan, K. M. and J. C. Smith. Exact Algorithms for Solving a Euclidean Maximum Flow Network Interdiction Problem. Networks, 64(2): 109-124, 2014. (Winner of the 2014 Glover-Klingman Prize awarded to the best paper published in Networks.)
- Sullivan, K. M., D. T. Abdul-Malak, J. P. Kharoufeh, and R. O. Baldwin. Optimally Locating Application Virtualization Resources on a Network. Military Operations Research, 20(1): 5-20, 2015.
- Heydari, M., and K. M. Sullivan. An Integrated Approach to Redundancy Allocation and Test Planning for Reliability Growth. Computers & Operations Research, 92, 182-193, 2018.
- Heydari, M., and K. M. Sullivan. Robust Allocation of Testing Resources in Reliability Growth. Accepted for publication in Reliability Engineering & System Safety. PDF
- Margolis, J. T., K. M. Sullivan, S. J. Mason., and M. Magagnotti. A Multi-Objective Optimization Model for Designing Resilient Supply Chain Networks. International Journal of Production Economics, 204: 174-185, 2018.
- Ahadi, K., K. M. Sullivan, and K. N. Mitchell. Budgeting Maintenance Dredging Projects Under Uncertainty to Improve the Inland Waterway Network Performance. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 119: 63-87, 2018.
- Ruiz, C., H. Liao, E. A. Pohl, and K. M. Sullivan. A Bayesian Framework for Accelerated Reliability Growth Testing with Multiple Sources of Uncertainty. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 35(3): 837-853, 2019.
- Ruiz, C., M. Heydari, K. M. Sullivan, H. Liao, and E. A. Pohl. Data Analysis and Resource Allocation in Bayesian Selective Accelerated Reliability Growth. Accepted for publication in IISE Transactions.
- Baycik, N. O., and K. M. Sullivan. Robust Location of Transparent Interdictions on a Shortest Path Network. Accepted for publication in IISE Transactions. PDF
Papers Under Review
- Enayaty Ahangar, N., K. M. Sullivan, and S. G. Nurre. Modeling Interdependencies in Infrastructure Systems using Multi-Layered Network Flows. Under Revision for Computers & Operations Research.
- Ahadi, K. and K. M. Sullivan. Approximate Dynamic Programming for Selective Maintenance in Series-Parallel Systems. Under revision for IEEE Transactions on Reliability.
Papers in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Sullivan, K. M. and C. R. Cassady. The CMS+ System for Ranking College Football Teams. Proceedings of the 2009 Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
- Heydari, M., K. M. Sullivan and E. A. Pohl. Optimal Allocation of Testing Resources in Reliability Growth. Proceedings of the 2014 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference.
- Ruiz, C., H. Liao, E. A. Pohl, and K. M. Sullivan. Bayesian Accelerated Reliability Growth for Complex Systems. Accepted to IEEE 2018 Reliability and Maintainability Symposium.
- 2018 CAREER Award, National Science Foundation
- 2014 Glover-Klingman Prize, best paper published in Networks